mini loaders, and 21K GVW dump trailers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep the r4 industral tire. If you go to turf tires on that you will get stuck on wet grass. R4 tires are ok they dont rip up so long as you dont spin just got to watch what you are working on.

i decided to keep the R4's

i put R.V. / plumbing anti-freeze in the rear tires, here is something i posted on another forum

i tried one of those "Drill pumps" with NO success, what a turd

so i bought a "utility pump" ( $40 + tax ) and it is ( submersible ) that plugs into the wall outlet. that thing really flows.

the connector for the valve stem was lame- sprayed all over the place, so i had to take an empty gallon jug, cut the bottom off of it and slide it over the garden hose / valve stem so it would funnel back into the 5 gallon bucket i had the utility pump in.

then, at one point the bead separated from the rim

and a bunch flowed out. thankfully it was early on. so i ran a ratchet strap around the entire tire, and put some tension on it to seat the bead again. worked pretty good.

i believe i got ~34 gallons in the two rear tires, and at least 2-3 gallons on the floor

lets just say there is anywhere from 32-34 gallons in the rear tires, and i filled the rest with air up to 40 PSI ( thats what its suggests on the sidewall )

i used RV anti-freeze, good to -50 degrees, non toxic, non corrosive,

if water is ~ 8 pounds per gallon, and i put in say 32 gallons of A.F. i gained a MINIMUM of 256 pounds in the tires

maybe even more weight if A.F. is heavier

so i moved some more snow with the bucket in the front yard, big scoops, put the bucket as high up as it went, turned sharp, no longer tipsy !!!

if it feels tipsy with the forks / logs ill put a couple wheel weights on it. but i think i found a good weight.

the other thing i did was "trick" the seat sensor so it doesnt shut off every time i lean forward to see where the forks are, or have to put it in neutral every time i step off of it for a second.

Back