Mini skidder ideas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg I know that it's not the best investment but I think it would be a great project to build, Wich is half the fun, but it would be cool to use. I do some low impact logging now with this and it works great. I just can't get the trencher idea out of my head.

Yeah ,with a tractor, you can use it for everything. I always cut the wood into 16 inch lengths and remove it with my tractor loader or kawasaki mule. I don't see why people want to drag the logs through the dirt. Unless you gonna mill them.

Yeah ,with a tractor, you can use it for everything. I always cut the wood into 16 inch lengths and remove it with my tractor loader or kawasaki mule. I don't see why people want to drag the logs through the dirt. Unless you gonna mill them.

I drag mine through the mud where I'm at now because it's a site where people rent the house nightly and can only be there when it's vacant. So get it out, then worry about processing when it's home.

I drag mine through the mud where I'm at now because it's a site where people rent the house nightly and can only be there when it's vacant. So get it out, then worry about processing when it's home.
I can see doing it if you have too. But I wouldn't go out of my way to do it

This is what I skid with. I don't think they are intended to pull from the draw bar (that my tractor doesn't even have). I haven't put any fluid in my tires yet - maybe someday.

I wouldn't want to drive on your hills with your tractor with out rimgaurd, tyrfil, or cast iron weights.

I wouldn't want to drive on your hills with your tractor with out rimgaurd, tyrfil, or cast iron weights.
No argument from me on that. I have thought about it a few times. I was thinking about spacers as well. It will be next summer before I can afford anything else for it though.

Latest posts

Back