minor chainsaw injury

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parrisw

Tree Freak
Reaction score
Well, I'm sure its bound to happen to anyone who runs saws long enough. I've never really been hury before. This is minor, but none the less. I hurt my leg today. Holding the saw in my right hand, went to try to kick roll a log and the saw swung around and the dogs stuck into my leg, giving a pretty good puncture wound. Didn't think much of it, but when the blood starting soaking into my jeans I figured it was time to stop.

Puncture wounds can be bad, especially when the cause is a rusty, dirty, oily, spike. Please get it tended to.

I see bad infections all the time in my line of work. At the very lest clean it out good and put some kind of ointment on it. I would make a doctor appt if you can, just to be sure.

Adam

Ya, I thought about that, but I'm kinda stubborn. Good thing my Wife and my mom are both nurse's. Hopefully I can play it up and get some special attention!!

If it was any kind of deep then keep it covered up so that it can heal from the inside out. If you leave it uncovered and the wound heals over, then the inside of it may fester and get ugly.

A doctor told me that once, but that was about 4 1/2" into my hip.

Take good care of that injury,seek medical attention if its serious and play it up for all attention you can get. LOL
Pioneerguy600

LOL, thanks guys for being concerned. I tried to play it up, but it didn't work.:cry: she said, "I told you what you have to do"

I think it went in on a steep angle so it didn't go that deep.

Good luck the special att. awhile back I got 14 stitches in leg. My GF is an ICU nurse and sees all kinds of crap. I would have to cut off both legs and a arm or two to get alittle special attention. I just got yelled at and quote -wear your gear next time I Fuc%$#@ told you so !!!!!!!
get well
g

Last edited:
Yea my wife is a nurse also and works post op a lot,little or no sympathy here,would have to be more than half dead,could not guess how many arms and legs missing to garner sympathy. She`s all for the best PPE avaliable and nags me to wear all of mine every time I run saws.
Pioneerguy600

Well, I'm sure its bound to happen to anyone who runs saws long enough. I've never really been hury before. This is minor, but none the less. I hurt my leg today. Holding the saw in my right hand, went to try to kick roll a log and the saw swung around and the dogs stuck into my leg, giving a pretty good puncture wound. Didn't think much of it, but when the blood starting soaking into my jeans I figured it was time to stop.

My saw dogs are for wood not legs and arms.....:dizzy: :dizzy:

I had a saw bite me in the dark one nite when power was knocked out in a storm......Just when you think you know where ever thing is in the dark you get bit.....:cry: :cry: ...Son of a :censored: was thirst for blood that nite...

Last edited:
just happened to me too.

saw was not running, but got caught up in some brush while walking to my next victim. i gave it a tug and it broke loose from the brush and ended up with a puntcher about 3/4" wide and 1/2"-3/4" deep in my thigh. it didn't bleed, but oozed clear liquid for a few. after a 30 min. walk back to the truck i got into the 1st. aid kit and put some ointment on it and fixed a band aid loosely so it wouldn't rub on my pants but wood still get circulating air. it's been about a week and it looks pretty good other than the black and purple bruise around it. it happened about 1 hr. into the day and couldn't afford to not to finish my 10 hour day. besides, i had no one to snivel to.:cry:

i suppose if you were to get injured by an 066, this is the best injury you could hope for (besides ripping your fingers off trying to start the damn thing). :greenchainsaw:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back