Misc. tree stuff

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toddppm

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
These tree art pics are from the docks in San Diego earlier this March, I guess they were all over town like the famous cow art etc.?
A cookie tree and a shoe tree.
and not really a tree I guess but this cactus is down in Baja where we went to ride a few days. Supposedly each arm takes 70 years just to start to grow!

Last edited:
Also got to SF for a few days, checked out Muir woods and Big Basin park, very cool! Most of the pics came out fuzzy though because it was so dark in the woods :cry: And the sun picture is at Coit Tower in the city.

This pond is from this morning, had to stop on the way to work to take this one.
Can you tell I just figured out how to get these pics on my computer?

hey ....i take it that you area tree surgeon from san diego? if so do you know any companys hiring climbers? i am from scotland but i am moving to san diego pretty soon! and i am in deep need of a job ! i am 23 years old and have been climbing since i was 17 ..i am a very hard worker and very fit! my name is martyn grant.....if you know of anyone or any tree care comanys in san diego that are looking for an arborist ,climber or even a groundsman i would very,very grateful if you could e-mail me back with the details ..thankyou for taking the time to read this.( cheers )

Nope, Sorry I was just visiting there. Maybe someone else here will see this ? There's an employment forum here too you should try. ( I see you found it!)

Resizing your images, the easy way.

Toddppm said:
This pond is from this morning, had to stop on the way to work to take this one.
Can you tell I just figured out how to get these pics on my computer?
Yeah I see. I've been to Muir Woods and the actual trees aren't as big as some of your images. You can resize your images by using this free and easily used program.
http://www.irfanview.com/
Once downloaded and installed, simply select file, then open your file, select image then resize, select the 640 x 480 pixels or any other size desired (hopefully smaller), click okay, then go to file and select save. I generally choose the 640 x 480 pixels option. If you want to keep your outrageously large image, be sure to copy it or rename your resized pic so that it doesn't overwrite your obscenely huge photo. You can also check out something that works with Windows XP called ImageResizer in Power Toys.

Thanks RB!
Elmore, are you taking over the large picture ?????in for a former member? I seem to remember someone constantly complaining about it.
I can resize them on my computer without even downloading anything else, just forgot.

Toddppm said:
Thanks RB!
Elmore, are you taking over the large picture ?????in for a former member? I seem to remember someone constantly complaining about it.
I can resize them on my computer without even downloading anything else, just forgot.
You must be talking about Glens. I think he was more concerned with embedding of images. He was always on my case about that.

Back