Mission Backpack MS460 joat/Brad/Terry project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm very please with how it turned out. I like all the port shapes, etc. I have a very nice curve to both the roof and floor of the ports. I put a nice healthy bevel on the exhaust. The factory bevel was probably sufficient, but I went a little farther for good measure. I'll have it together a little later this afternoon. The muffler's not ported yet.

IMG7531-M.jpg

IMG7533-M.jpg

IMG7535-M.jpg

IMG7537-M.jpg

IMG7539-M.jpg

IMG7541-M.jpg

Here's the final product. I was actually back inside this thing 3x today making changes. Each one made improvements. This saw did not port like a typical 460 would. At this point, I'm not sure it's worth all the extra effort for the 038 Mag or 064 piston. Seems like the gains are had more easily with the stock piston. I know what made a lot of the difference today, but I'll wait until after the build off to share that;)

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jYRxFiQmvWE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Looks and sounds like a very strong runner . Great job guys on your time and hard work building this saw.:clap:

Brad you better anchor that log holder in the ground before it takes you to the ground. That saw didnt even skip a beat when you put it to that log and nearly pulled it on you.:clap:

Latest posts

Back