MN/WI GTG March14th

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will try to make it. I have never been to a GTG but it sounds like fun. I have a bunch of old saws to bring with. Mark, if you can make it i would love the opportunity to try out a 125. I have been thinking I need one. Keep us posted. Randy.

Hoping to be in MN around Easter, coin is in the air.

I will be doing a lot of cutting in the area just west of the Twin Cities, or more closely, between Watertown and Delano.

If having the acreage is a problem, I would have a lot of room for campers if it would work better for a 2-day-er?

Maybe mentioning this not as a primary GTG, but a good alternative?

attachment.php

Not a good picture, but a good secondary area.

Me too . . maybe.

Grantsburg is about an hour north if Mpls/Stpaul.
I was thinking one day- depends on what guys want. I'm open to ideas.

Definitely considering it as I've never been to one. Gonna try to drag my "cuz along as well on the way there . . . he's a new AS member and lives down Hwy 70 in Price county. If we come what can we bring??!!
It would be nice to meet some of the guys (and gals) from this site in person.

Al - - :cheers:

If having the acreage is a problem, I would have a lot of room for campers if it would work better for a 2-day-er?

Grandpatractor's place is connected with my property. We've got well over 80 acres to play on so if you want to bring a four wheeler to play on that would be fine. We both have heated shops to work on stuff or if you need a place to crash.

If guys would like two days that's OK too. Or if your traveling a long ways I'm sure we can make a place to crash. As far as food I have a big grill and an even bigger firepit grill. We can eat in the heated shop. I have mainly oak for sawin and we could cut and split a dumptruck load for a needy family. Any body is more than welcome to try out any of my saws, and don't be shy about bringing what you have. It will be pretty informal and we just want to have a good time meeting other people. Oh and there will be plenty of fiskers too!!
BYOB. I should be able to get some pepsi products on hand.

Grandpa,

You want us to bring anything else? potluck, snacks, whatever?
If we can make it, I plan on loading the trailer. I have a Husky 35 ton splitter, If you plan on splitten for a needy family, that would be great. Play, have fun and all for a good cause, don't get much better than that!!!!!

Grandpa,

You want us to bring anything else? potluck, snacks, whatever?
If we can make it, I plan on loading the trailer. I have a Husky 35 ton splitter, If you plan on splitten for a needy family, that would be great. Play, have fun and all for a good cause, don't get much better than that!!!!!

Maybe when its closer to the 14th, we can make a list of what guys are thinking of bringing for food. I hope you're bringing the 3120, I haven't run one of those yet!!

Jonny thought that we might be getting low on wood for the GTG. So we went out and hauled 4 more loads to go with what we already had. He dropped 1 at his place and 3 at mine. Here's a few pics. Do we need more??:monkey::cheers:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

GT - is that the Easy Steer system on the 800? Load er heavy on the back till the fronts start floating?

BTDT - that's why my old woodhauler no longer has a tailgate, too tempting to stack more on there!

REALLY hope to have a new 7900 to play with by then. Gonna get taxes done this week, but I don't know how much help that will be...

I have a biggun log that's in the way of my newest logging trail right now, I guess the 271 gets some use tomorrow.

JD, that pile of logs will only last about 20minutes with the list of guys potential attendees, you better get some more, remember what happened last year?

If guys are going to bring splitters, then some twisted three way crotches would be go to have on hand. OR some tough pieces of stringy american elm.

Which Timberwolf model?
What attachments/options?

Sounds like I"ll be able to make it, would like to pit my speeco against the fancy splitters, but no way to haul it that far, economically.

JD, that pile of logs will only last about 20minutes with the list of guys potential attendees, you better get some more, remember what happened last year?

Which Timberwolf model?
What attachments/options?
Not sure of the model yet. I know it does horizontal and vertical.

Back