Mobark 13 Hydraulic reverse valve

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EM205

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
EM205, im new to the site and need some advice. Im not a professional Arborist, but use chippers so much that I thought I would take a chance and buy a used one. I recently purchased a 1994 Morbark 13 wood chipper. Researched a little on it, which revealed this model was prone to clogging. It was also missing the valve that reverses the feed wheel in case of a clog. I was told the valve is similar to a detent valve used on a log splitter. Id like to know if I can use a universal hydraulic reverse valve?, should it be manual or automatic? It would have to take 4 hydraulic lines. I dont have any old parts to compare. The reverse valve is connected to the control handle, that when pulled, would reverse the feed wheel. If anyone knows of a valve I can use, include model number if possible and where to find it. Thanks---Update---Talked with Morbark and found out I can get the valve for about 200 dollars, but that I also need the linkage arm, valve linkage and hind joint, that connects the reverse valve to the control arm, so about another 80 dollars, but Morbark doesnt have any schematics on how it should be connected. Also looking for used parts. If anyone has a 13, that can send close up pictures, of the reverse valve and linkage, it will help me reassemble thinks the right way. Also please include any information about a 1994 Morbark 13 chipper that is good to know. Thanks Again

Here's an Energy Valve pdf. This is the type of valve Bandit uses and I think Morbark used is the past. It should work just fine regardless.

Attachments

• Energy valve.pdf
    896.9 KB · Views: 8
Here's an Energy Valve pdf. This is the type of valve Bandit uses and I think Morbark used is the past. It should work just fine regardless.
Thank you, I found the Energy Control Valve, but with a few options. Im assuming the valve should be a 4 way, since I have four lines to be connected. But between the CVA and CVAM, there is an option of a tandem center vs open center?. Also a detent hold in all positions?, spring return to neutral from both directions? or detent hold in "A" position and spring return to neutral from "B" position?. Shouldnt the reverse feed only work when you engage the bar, then disengage it again, manually? If so I think that would be a detent hold in all positions. If the reverse feed is engaged, it shouldnt return to neutral on its own, should it?

Latest posts

Back