Mobile heat!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been there, done that and got the tee-shirt to prove it :)

Had an old school bus converted to a moose-hunting shack on wheels and cut a hole in the roof, mounted a piece of 6" Selkirk chimney with a homemade coolie hat on top and used a tin air tight wood burner for heat.

Froze our :censored: off in there. With the fire roaring, the make-up air at floor level was frigid.
Oh well, kept the beer cold. :cheers:

Them RV guys sure don't like wood burners. He has pics posted, looks like he has a cement board surround built around the whole thing,, it doesn't look too dangerous, as long as he doesn't fire it really hot.

i read the link, but it didn't say anything about driving with that thing in the air.......or, would he remove the upper half when driving?

would that even be considered legal?

heheheheh

bunch of dumba55es giving him a hard time about that little stove. Man how I can't stand idiots like that. What's the big deal? That's prolly like a 27'er or something, plenty big enough for a little stove, keep a little window open and your fine to go. There's prolly 10000 huntin' shacks built like that and no one is ever hurt. City folk, lmfao... They should put some of the spring water in their radiators since it runs year round... hehehehehehehehe

:laugh:

Reminds me of boy scouts.

We used to camp EVERY month when I was a kid. We set up an old army surplus (16X32) tent with a similar stove in it. worked great.

Back