Mod husqvarn 322l xtorq trimmer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mad_mat222

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Have the above trimmer. It’s good but would be good to get a little more torque. I’ve been going through the 372xp xtorq thread. Should it be similar mod? Anyone else modded one? Any suggestions?

cheets
Mat

No it’s not. It’s got the thing that goes up an down either the sparky thing and goes brrrrrrrrr real loud. Same same

Yep your right, it has a piston and spark plug. Pop it in half and get in there with a grinder and open her up. Besides being less then 1/3 of the displacement of a 70cc saw, it's a completely different engine design. The head is integrated into the block, making it impossible to set squish height, get into the transfers, or even get to the ports to open them up. I'm sure gains are there to be had, but it's not going to be the cake walk a 372xp or another pro grade saw is to work on. Just being realistic. Now go tear it apart and start grinding since it's the same as 372xp.

I wouldn't go much past a larger muffler outlet, maybe pop the transfer covers off but there really is much to gain because if I remember right the carburetor isn't adjustable and there are non that can be swapped in.
The cylinder isn't part of the block, it's a redmax in husqvarna clothing.

I wouldn't go much past a larger muffler outlet, maybe pop the transfer covers off but there really is much to gain because if I remember right the carburetor isn't adjustable and there are non that can be swapped in.
The cylinder isn't part of the block, it's a redmax in husqvarna clothing.
The head is the top part of the block.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210430-115004_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210430-115004_Samsung Internet.jpg
    533.7 KB · Views: 4
The jug comes off. It’s not a clam shell design. Carb has a H and L screw. I had to replace the coil the other day and gave the exhaust port a quick touch up and matched the muffler. Also drilled a hole in the muffler which woke it up.
I don’t know what is effective on these xtorq engines so suggestions would be good.

It’s the same engine as the Redmax TRZ230s (and other 230’s). I’m not sure if it’s the same jug on other engines. I have previously posted swapping redmax parts onto my husqvarna 570 blower. Might just be market difference in different countries.
Anyway back to topic of xtorq. Will take some pics because the intake is only 10mm square wide opening. It’s tiny.

Note the very small intake port. I’m assuming they were aiming for increased velocity. Suggestions on widening that port? Will blend and aim the stratos toward the piston windows

Thoughts on smoothing out the piston windows? Seem really rough and flow could be improved there. Might be a bit hard to tell from the pic, but the big vertical lines are the piston.7A5C480D-EF80-47B0-A60B-7A2E58FC83EE.jpeg

And last, verdict on removing the intake tube divider? It’s quiet bulky in the middle of the intake. Flow would obviously be greatly increased by getting rid of all that but then the xtorq function is removed. 7C3425CC-BE76-4C2A-926F-1D7DC06B7A3A.jpeg

Latest posts

Back