• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Modded 372xp xt and 390xp mufflers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cbob

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Wondering if there's any modded mufflers out there before I do a real botch job of mine .. I could buy the China ones and see how it goes. Just haven't found a good instruction of doing it

You have two fairly easy options.

1. Cut fish gill sits in the side of your muffler. Easy if there is no need for a spark arrestor screen

2. Cut/ drill/ dremel a hole in the front of the muffler and clamp a spark arrestor screen(to cover the hole) between the bracket and the muffler.

Thanks. I actually saw that thread while i was searching for options. An option for sure. Just wanted to see if anyone had anything kicking around and I could keep that stockers just in case

You have two fairly easy options.

1. Cut fish gill sits in the side of your muffler. Easy if there is no need for a spark arrestor screen

2. Cut/ drill/ dremel a hole in the front of the muffler and clamp a spark arrestor screen(to cover the hole) between the bracket and the muffler.

I used method 2 about 5 years ago on my 385xp. There are no baffles in the stock muffler. It runs very well. Earpro is a must. You will probably have to re-tune the carb.

Any pictures of this option and what you used for a screen?

I can get you some pics this weekend. Very simply, I removed the muffler and support and bored a 1/2" hole through the support and muffler on center of the support. I used a piece of spark arrestor screen and placed it between the muffler support and muffler upon reinstallation.

Thanks. I actually saw that thread while i was searching for options. An option for sure. Just wanted to see if anyone had anything kicking around and I could keep that stockers just in case

I do what are you looking for? Factory ish dual port, aggressive dual port? The 371/372/372XT can all use the same muffler :) Let me know what you are looking for.

Oh here is a short video I made on dual ports... Yes this is the saw I got from you it rips! Let me know if the video helps.

Back