modded echo cs-3450

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mustard

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Has anyone got info on modding an echo cs-3450?
Anybody using one?
Thanks

No responses to my post yet but I really need help on how to mod a reed valve 2 stroke.
Any ideas where to start or who to contact, websites , etc.
Thanks
greg

Those particular engines do not respond much to modifications for increased power/rpm's. That particular reed valve design is over a clamshell engine, so you can't, at least that I'm aware of raise the compression ratio.

I've owned half a dozen 300/301/3450's, and dumped all of them when they came out with the CS-330 and CS-360T, superior in every area to the early non piston ported saws....Cliff

Thanks for the info guys.
I am presently working on my 3450's now.

One of them I will machine the case and rebore the crankhole so I can lower the squish down to .018/.020.

I have ported the exhaust, cleaned up where the fuel mixture enteres into the transfer/port slots, opened up the reed valve block to flow more and ground down the carb butterflyshaft and screw to increase the flow.

The muffler recieved a small amount of work also.

Will post the results when done, which will be awhile yet.

greg

Thanks for the info guys.
I am presently working on my 3450's now.

One of them I will machine the case and rebore the crankhole so I can lower the squish down to .018/.020.

I have ported the exhaust, cleaned up where the fuel mixture enteres into the transfer/port slots, opened up the reed valve block to flow more and ground down the carb butterflyshaft and screw to increase the flow.

The muffler recieved a small amount of work also.

Will post the results when done, which will be awhile yet.

greg

Hi Greg,

I was wondering how the saw turned out. Did you get around to doing these mods to the CS-3450?

Those particular engines do not respond much to modifications for increased power/rpm's. That particular reed valve design is over a clamshell engine, so you can't, at least that I'm aware of raise the compression ratio.

I've owned half a dozen 300/301/3450's, and dumped all of them when they came out with the CS-330 and CS-360T, superior in every area to the early non piston ported saws....Cliff

I just ported my 330, and it has a slug for a piston

Latest posts

Back