modded saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They don't really say what they do. I believe its a basic job, nothing crazy. They usually remove the base gasket, some work on the transfers, raise the exhaust, not sure about the intake. I've got a 394 cyl sitting in my shop that they worked on, thats all they did as far as I can tell. Im not 100% sure they did it, I was told it was walkerized.

simonized saws are built by simon in campbell river. i've got two 372's he built and they haul ass. the walkers in nanaimo are also really good. my friend has a 390 that the walkers did up for him and he's really happy with it. i'd say you can't go wrong going with either of them. what either of them do will depend on what saw you're getting modified. usually involves muffler mods, ports, sometimes timing and piston work too. i'm not 100% sure about everything they do. they both have a good reputation around here for building good saws that keep working day in day out.

Last edited:
Does either Simon or the Walkers work on customer supplied saws or do you have to buy from them?

Thanks, I have been reading through old posts and thought I remember reading that Simon Wright only worked on new saws but this was back in 2005 or 2006. Will have to call the shops and see what is up.

Latest posts

Back