modded the hydro tank on the splitter today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

husky455rancher

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
i did some moddin today to the tank. its basicly what i wanted to do in the first place. i thank you for your suggestions. i still will switch the fittings to 45* if i can. im also going to make a series of heat sinks that i can weld to the tank in various places. im also going to add a filter in the near future im just unsure of the size as of now. it appears the fittings on my machine are 1/2npt. the filters that have the 1/2" fitting seem to be 7gpm which i believe is too small.

i ended up drilling 2 holes in either side of the tank then cutting a long slot out of the back of the tank so the oil could flow easily through and so i could clean all the metal out of the old tank after i cut it. it seemed to work out really well.

the exhust didnt hit the tank its close but i could keep my hand on the tank and it didnt get hot. however my with my new setup it did hit the new tank so i had to add a heat shield and welded it to the beam so it wouldnt sink into the tank.

everything went smoothly i even used it for a little while to make sure i had no leaks and it went well. now all i gotta do is make 2 gussets to attach the new tank expansion to the legs for added support. probly not necessary but ill do it anyway. all in all i got damn near 5 gallons in it now where before it had about 3.

Last edited:
good job

glad to hear no leak's the way you welded the extra tank on is probably best

Nice job there , you do good work.

Glad to hear it turned out as well as expected.

Are you going to paint it purdy or just use it ? LOL J/K Just use it !

Did you figure out if the tank was baffled or not?

Last edited:
thanks i might shoot it flat blck i dunno. i dont wanna taint my hillbilly image lol.

there was no baffle in there i entertained putting one in then i figured ehhh it was working fint the way it was before so now its gonna be even better. so i let it ride, i was happy to see there was atleast a metal screen on the pickup.

wait till you see my heatsinks. well they look great in my mind well see how it translates to metal :)

Latest posts

Back