Model 95 Brush Bandit w/37hp eng.: Good starter machine???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mowingman

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I noticed a 1998, Brush Bandit chipper for sale. It has about 200hrs on it. Engine is a Wisconsin VG?, with 37Hp I believe. Would this be a good chipper to start out with. Factory info. on the web says it is good for stringy stuff due to it's **** design. I don't really care about that. Most stuff I would chip would be 8" or less. I have never owned a chipper and don't know much about them.
If this is a good chipper, what would it be worth in good condition. Thanks.
Jeff

Sounds like a good machine ,but i would look for one just a little bigger.You will find that what you pay for a smaller chipper is not much different than a bigger one.I started with a vermeer bc1000xl which i can pull behind my 1-ton.I payed around 8K at a auction and it looks to me that they get anywhere from 6K-8K for the smaller ones like you are looking at.One problem is if you have a truck to pull a bigger one.Also you might find that a 6in chipper wont always chip what it claims to .

the drums were falling apart, only certain serial #'s were affected. call vermeer northeast for more info. I am guessing that if you bought one for $8k, there might be something wrong with it. check it out.

200 hrs on it? thats about less than a month of use for a tree crew.

while its small chipper if you are just starting out it may be all that you need. should be enough to get you started and you'll be one step ahead of others just starting out who stack brush in a truck

Latest posts

Back