Autofeed only slows down feedwheel on 2003 Brush Bandit Model 95

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jman42

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
The autofeed on my chipper was not hooked up when I bought it, I hooked it all up and ran a mag pickup off of the drive shaft. I set the hi and low setting accordingly but when the rpms are out of range the feedwheel only slows down but doesn't stop.. could it be the wrong cartridge for the autofeed block? Not completely stopping wouldn't be a big deal but I am worried about chipping bigger brush and it continuing to feed while it bogs down. Thank you!

To determine if this is an electrical issue confirm the solenoid voltage is zero, when the rpms are out of range.
Yeah it reads zero, even with gator clips straight off the battery the solenoid engages and slows the feed rate down quite a bit but doesn't completely stop..

In the manual it says if the belts are out of adjustment the feedwheel won't stop feeding with autofeed but I don't see how that would make any sense

Yeah it reads zero, even with gator clips straight off the battery the solenoid engages and slows the feed rate down quite a bit but doesn't completely stop..
With zero volts and a new solenoid there should be no hydraulic pressure driving the feed wheel.
Can the feed wheel be stopped, with tree material blocking rotation, when the rpms are out of range?

I cannot find any online diagrams for this model.
Vermeer momentarily reverses the feed wheel when the rpms drop out of range.

To determine if this is an electrical issue confirm the solenoid voltage is zero, when the rpms are out of range.
I have tried gator clipping the solenoid straight to the battery and it still just slows the feedwheel down instead of completely stopping,
With zero volts and a new solenoid there should be no hydraulic pressure driving the feed wheel.
Can the feed wheel be stopped, with tree material blocking rotation, when the rpms are out of range?

I cannot find any online diagrams for this model.
Vermeer momentarily reverses the feed wheel when the rpms drop out of range.
I believe with the autofeed block it has when the solenoid gets voltage it acts as a dump valve and is supposed to send all the fluid back to the tank momentarily, and I have not tried to feed any bigger chunks though it yet to see if it will act differently under load.. I really need to

Latest posts

Back