Modeling clay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool idea but I'm surprised it works with pressure as well. Any special steps to ensure it doesn't allow leakage? How deep into the opening does it go? Seems like you'd have to allow for movement of the piston.

Nope, just worked it in hand made it soft and stuck it in exhaust port ,not very far 1/2" -3/4 "; it would not have contacted the piston. I put pressure to 7 lb. , held it good ,didnt need to go further. I didnt try intake side, already had rubber in place , prolly work there to as it is a smaller opening.
Piston was already out on this saw, but I don't see how that would matter to vac/pressure test.?

Nope, just worked it in hand made it soft and stuck it in exhaust port ,not very far 1/2" -3/4 "; it would not have contacted the piston. I put pressure to 7 lb. , held it good ,didnt need to go further. I didnt try intake side, already had rubber in place , prolly work there to as it is a smaller opening.
Piston was already out on this saw, but I don't see how that would matter to vac/pressure test.?
If you are applying vac or pressure through the spark plug port, it could move the piston up or down, depending on the starting position. Interesting that it held that much pressure. I'll have to try it.

Latest posts

Back