MONKEYED NE346XP non CAT

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am thinking sometime this summer I will put just one straight pipe on it 3/4" to 1" big which should make it sound loud,like a chainsaw should.

I think that is the cold weather deflector on your saw- aiming the heat at your feet

What all is involved with the carb swap just the intake and carb?

Here's the same list of parts that I gave Woodyman.

PARTITION WALL INTAKE 537251302 $7.27
BELLOWS 503928702 $20.88
FLANGE 503928502 $2.98
SUPPORT RING 504064401 $0.81
GASKET 503967601 $1.40
PIPE 503924601 $4.56
2x SCREW MC6S 5X50 725534155 $2.46
LOOP 503962701 $5.61
AIR FILTER NYLON 4 537010902 $14.34
Walbro HDA 199 carb modded by Tree Monkey

I am thinking sometime this summer I will put just one straight pipe on it 3/4" to 1" big which should make it sound loud,like a chainsaw should.

C'mon, be brave! Fit a Homelite "stack" or fabricate a megaphone. :popcorn:

Vintage Homelite XL 12 Chainsaw Muffler | eBay

Just imagine the melodious song that would emanate from your saw at 15K! :msp_w00t: You wouldn't need a sharp chain to blow your competition away. :hmm3grin2orange:

Be careful if you straight pipe it , IMO , they can actually decrease your performance . An open canister or tuned pipe type exhaust allow the gases to expand more rapidly than a straight pipe . They also provide a backwave of pressure that can be beneficial for scavenging .

Be careful if you straight pipe it , IMO , they can actually decrease your performance . An open canister or tuned pipe type exhaust allow the gases to expand more rapidly than a straight pipe . They also provide a backwave of pressure that can be beneficial for scavenging .
What do you mean by open canister?I know what a tuned pipe is.
This is the type of straight pipe I mean.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Open canister is what you have there :msp_smile: . I thought by "Straight Pipe" , you meant just a tube coming right off the exhaust flange .
I once had a Kraft .61cc , 2 smoke model aircraft engine that came with a straight pipe . When I installed a traditional bullet shaped muffler , it had a very noticable gain in power .

Open canister is what you have there :msp_smile: . I thought by "Straight Pipe" , you meant just a tube coming right off the exhaust flange .
I once had a Kraft .61cc , 2 smoke model aircraft engine that came with a straight pipe . When I installed a traditional bullet shaped muffler , it had a very noticable gain in power .
I have only seen one of those tubes and that was on sthilboys WildThing:chainsaw:

My 346 was at Scott's also, they only hold together for about ten years then you gotta throw money at them monkeyed saws. I gave him some bananas and mtn dew in exchange for NOT pizzin in the tank. Do you think I should trust a monkey?

I best drain the tank on his door mat when i leave. I always wondered why the loggers all do that at Scott's. He said it was superstition, but I am finally catching on.

Its just starting to get light out and its 0 degrees.I will try to get a vid of my 346 today with the LPX 3/8 chain on it.I almost forgot about my Terry Landrum built 359 that I will get a vid of also.
Want to see a chic with big knockers?Can I put it up without getting banned?

Last edited:
Back