MONKEYED NE346XP non CAT

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you think I should trust a monkey?

Well I am not sure. It seems whenever I see them on TV, Monkeys are always throwing their own $hit around.:jester:

At the very least, you should drain the gas tank like you said.:clap:

Got out a little while ago and shot a vid of my monkeyed NE346xp.I am running a 3/8 rim sprocket with a 16" Oregon Power Match bar with Oregon 3/8 x .050 LPX chain just as I will have it set-up for firewood duty.This is not a cookie cutter but a very powerful woods ported saw for cutting firewood.I am cutting very frozen red oak that just died this summer.Maybe someone else could cut faster but I am happy.

[video=youtube;3h3c8ebn6no]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h3c8ebn6no[/video]

I am pushing on the saw very hard.Thanks Scott its just what I wanted:clap:I get very bored when I can't push hard and the saw seems to be cutting slow.This is the first time the saw has been in wood sense new.

I also did a vid of my 359 which Terry Landrum did which I will do a thread on latter today.

I can't wait for it to break in.I got 6 nice sized dead red oaks up the road at the neighbors with my name on 5 of them.I have to give one to him:(

When I was a kid and we made a face at one another, mom would say, "stopit, your face will freeze like that". I know after cutting up those Oaks, you'll have a perpetual grin.:msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin:

When I was a kid and we made a face at one another, mom would say, "stopit, your face will freeze like that". I know after cutting up those Oaks, you'll have a perpetual grin.:msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin:
I got that grin right now.It looks like after tomorrow it will be in the high 20's which will be perfect for wood cutting.I just have to find a place for all the wood.I still have 15 cords a 1/4 behind me back on the other neighbors 400 acres.I just have to haul,split and stack 2 cords of it at his house and the rest is mine:clap:I still have to get his 041AV for the vintage class races Feb.23 in Grantsberg,WI.

Got out a little while ago and shot a vid of my monkeyed NE346xp.I am running a 3/8 rim sprocket with a 16" Oregon Power Match bar with Oregon 3/8 x .050 LPX chain just as I will have it set-up for firewood duty.This is not a cookie cutter but a very powerful woods ported saw for cutting firewood.I am cutting very frozen red oak that just died this summer.Maybe someone else could cut faster but I am happy.

[video=youtube;3h3c8ebn6no]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h3c8ebn6no[/video]

I am pushing on the saw very hard.Thanks Scott its just what I wanted:clap:I get very bored when I can't push hard and the saw seems to be cutting slow.This is the first time the saw has been in wood sense new.

I also did a vid of my 359 which Terry Landrum did which I will do a thread on latter today.

Was that wood frozen???

6269601303_db28ceb7ae_m.jpg

Did what?Mooned us?

i knew i forgot something
send that saw back so i can put a moon pie under the hood:potstir:

Scott's work

Several years ago I attended a GTG near Grantsberg(sp? I've been drinking) Wi. and Scott had a rough looking Stihl(I think it was his work saw) that he borrowed some one's long bar,slapped it on his saw and did a cut on a maybe 4 foot diameter log that after he was done everyone was as excited as after a full pull + at a major hot rod tractor pull! I was so impressed with how well that saw ran and the distance the chips went up in the air when he did the first verticle cut before going horizontal,he actually had drifts of chips on his shoulders. Someday I hope to have him work his "Magic" on one of my saws.

Ray

Several years ago I attended a GTG near Grantsberg(sp? I've been drinking) Wi. and Scott had a rough looking Stihl(I think it was his work saw) that he borrowed some one's long bar,slapped it on his saw and did a cut on a maybe 4 foot diameter log that after he was done everyone was as excited as after a full pull + at a major hot rod tractor pull! I was so impressed with how well that saw ran and the distance the chips went up in the air when he did the first verticle cut before going horizontal,he actually had drifts of chips on his shoulders. Someday I hope to have him work his "Magic" on one of my saws.

Ray

it was at jd's gtg
i think it was the first gtg i went too
there is video of that cut here somewhere
maybe someone can find it
i still have the saw and you could own it

[video=youtube;nSKOyJcIppM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSKOyJcIppM&feature=player_embedded[/video]
this one?

[video=youtube;G-y1b8AC6XQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-y1b8AC6XQ&feature=player_embedded[/video]
same saw with redlinefevers pipe on it

[video=youtube;nSKOyJcIppM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSKOyJcIppM&feature=player_embedded[/video]
this one?

I was there and I think that might have been the second cut.I think the first one you did no one was really paying to much attention to.You were just some long haired soft spoken guy that looked like he just came from a day in the woods with an old beat up looking saw.The first cut was the fastest I know and after it everyone insisted you do it again.

Back