• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Mono 2-16 Power Products Tecumseh (old) !!! Trade for Guide Bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Den

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Hi,
I am selling this Power Products Tecumseh chainsaw for $45 + shipping.
United States sales only.

It looks to be complete except for a missing gas tank.
Carburetor moves freely.
Saw does not appear to have any broken or cracked housings or shrouds.
The recoil assembly functions but does not engage the flywheel...perhaps there are teeth/cogs stripped on it.
I put a socket on the sprocket nut and attempted to turn the engine, but it did not move. Perhaps the rings are rusted to the cylinder walls. Don't know for sure.
The guide bar says "Oregon Armor Tip Saw Bar".

Kind of a neat old saw...hope I identified it properly!
Might consider trading it for an old Echo or Homelite saw.

Attachments

• DSC00644.JPG
    DSC00644.JPG
    150.9 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC00660.JPG
    DSC00660.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC00652.JPG
    DSC00652.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC00657.JPG
    DSC00657.JPG
    148.7 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC00667.JPG
    DSC00667.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC00670.JPG
    DSC00670.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC00665.JPG
    DSC00665.JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 61
That thing is cool, to bad shipping is going to double the cost for me. would love to hear that saw run.

Thanks for the nice words fella's.
Yeah, it can be expensive to ship a saw. United States Postal Service is the cheapest. Probably $40 to most places.
Bright side is I know how to pack a saw so that it does not get damaged in shipping.

If someone has 24" or bigger Homelite or Echo guide bars they want to trade for this Power Products Mono 2-16, I'll consider doing that.

Or you can still buy the saw for $45 + shipping.

Sometimes it's easier to part with extra guide bars than it is to part with cash...and your cost to ship guide bars to me should be substantially less than my cost to ship the chain saw to you.

After removing the muffler and spraying some rust penetrator onto the piston/rings, it now turns when I put a wrench on the sprocket nut. I guess it just needed some time to soak up the penetrator.

Back