Month in review

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H-Ranch

Is there an ECHO in here?
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Have a few things happen on the firewood front in the past month or so.
  • Got to help cut a trailer full of poles with a buzz saw - definitely NOT OSHA approved and my fingers were kept a very respectable distance from all of the spinning parts.IMG_20150531_120036.jpg
  • Experimented with a Swedish candle when we went camping - probably change a few things for the next one (which reminds me I need to go cut a few more of them.)P1010661.JPG
  • Scored a couple of loads of free firewood - one box elder and one hickory with more of that to go.IMG_20150623_063026.jpg
  • Fixed the splitter push plate. It's been broken for a couple years and sitting outside with a bucket over it. My dad was visiting from Florida and asked what projects we could work on. He'll be 75 this year and I really enjoyed working on that and a few other things with him.IMG_8997.JPG
  • Picked up a chain breaker and spinner for $20 from a barn sale - missing the anvil but I may stop back there on Sunday to see what other treasures I can't live without and see if he found it in his collection.IMG_8998.JPG
  • Also managed to resurrect a cedar swing and keep it from becoming firewood. It was a another freebie and I was able to put it back together by swapping a few of the rotted logs with less critical support logs.IMG_8999.JPG

Cool stuff man! You can really knock out the rounds with a buzz saw if you have a lot of the right sized wood, that's for sure. It's the original "processor".

Latest posts

Back