Morbark 100 chipper feed size question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butch(OH)

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have a farm with a lot of fence rows to clean up and after renting chippers from the local rental place, all Vermeers, I started looking for a used one to buy. After searching for quite a while for a bargin to come along I bought a Morbark 100 Eeger Beever chipper on Ebay that needed a lot of attention for $1500. It used to be a bagger which I have converted to a rotory chute. I had been repowered with a fresh V-4 Wisconsin. After fixing all the hydraulic problems and adding a varible speed control for the feeder it works very well. My question is compared to the Vermeers I rented this chipper will take huge feed size, probably 12" of more where a Vermeer with a similar sized disk will only take around 6". I have run some 6" plus elm through it and it realy makes it rattle, I have emailed Morbark twice with no answers. Is antbody here familar with this size Morbark? What top size should I be feeding it? Where is a good place to buy replacement knives? Thanks for any help.

Hello Butch,
Keep in mind that all wood is not the same. Some is soft, hard stringy, dead ect.
As a rule, chip slightly smaller stuff when its hard or stringy. or chip slower.

like say, locoust and elm are harder to chip than the wild cherry you're also feeding. Takes more power to chip these hard materials. Try to keep it @ 4 -5 inch diameter for locoust, elm, oak, hickory ect, larger for the soft cherry, poplar, sassafras, box elder and maples.

I use zenith cutter co for my blade supplier, low cost, good product. take out the space, add a www.com and you there. My price list shows morbark 100, 7 1/4x4x3/8 double sided for 17.20 a blade.

Where you at in Ohio? I'm down south central, rainy as h3ll for 3 days, no end in sight!
-Ralph

I am in North central, flooding everywhere here tonight. Thanks for the link.

Latest posts

Back