Morbark chipper 2400XL Any good??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you pulling it with that cabover truck in the picture? Seems like it would be way underpowered and the manufacturers listed towing capacity would be less than what that chipper weighs.

morbark makes a really good chipper. ive owned a few brands since i got my morbark there is no looking back.

Are you pulling it with that cabover truck in the picture? Seems like it would be way underpowered and the manufacturers listed towing capacity would be less than what that chipper weighs.

It was being pulled along that section with a 4x4 isuzu being off road and filling another small truck as well,I tow it with a FM515 mitsubishi which can tow 9 ton legal(pictured)

morbark makes a really good chipper. ive owned a few brands since i got my morbark there is no looking back.

Mines had a few minor issues but the huge infeed is hard to be swayed from,i have a bandit 90xp that i mainly hire out and as back up.

I have a 2400xl almost just like yours. I cann't see me going to any other chipper. Mine is a 2004 model that has the 125hp Perkins engine. It is a little on the underpowered side but most of the time I have no problem with it keeping up. On the other hand it does a great job of not burning much fuel. Still I wish it had the 140hp John Deere. What engine is on yours?

What motor did it come with and what year is it. I think in 03 they went with larger feed opening. we have had a 99 and a 2003. the 03 has alot bigger feed opening. Its 18x32 the 99 was 18x18. Huge difference when dong alot of big limbs. Loved both machines. Nothing but quality.
w

brand new morbark model 15 question

new chipper with 140 horse cummins on it. i bought it with zero hours on it it now has 38, still has new stickers on it. one of my men filled it with 43 gallons of kerosene today. we never started it , drained all of it out. refilled with diesel at a cost of $345, $180 wasted. should i be worried about a tiny bit of kerosene left in the tank? we got 98% of it out and added 44.5 gallons of diesel. today it cost me to work!

I would say you would be fine. Usually in the winter we will put about 5 gallon of kerosene in our 500 gallon fuel tank to keep the bio diesel from gelling up. One time last year I back our chipper up to the fuel tank and my dad filled it up. We went to work and about half way through the day the chipper ran out of fuel. I know my dad filled it up. So I went and check and it was empty. When I looked a little closer I realised he put the diesel fuel in the hrdralic tank instead. The two caps are right by each other. I will never let him live that down.

I have a 2400xl almost just like yours. I cann't see me going to any other chipper. Mine is a 2004 model that has the 125hp Perkins engine. It is a little on the underpowered side but most of the time I have no problem with it keeping up. On the other hand it does a great job of not burning much fuel. Still I wish it had the 140hp John Deere. What engine is on yours?

Mine has the 143hp deere engine it does fine with it really.

I looked at a 2000 model with a 200 cummins i would have loved to have brought it but the infeed was smaller and they dont have as big of a discharge fan on the side of drum so blocking would have been an issue.

I would buy another no-problem they are killer built machines.

morbark

thanks for input. it could not have had more than 1/4 to 1/2 gal. in it, then diluted with 45 gal. of diesel. it is just that it is brand new so i worry. i had the hydraulic thing happen 5 yrs. ago, since then i put a lock on it. also had someone put mixing oil in my brake fluid. people are just not paying attention.

I was up at the Moline, IL. Vermeer dealer last fall and there was this Mobark that looked like it had been through a war, chute was all tweaked like it had been rolled....but it was a famed Mobark. I can't remember what model, but I enquired. Can't recall the exact price, but I started laughing. I was hoping to get a winter project for a fairly low price. They said something about this fancy clutch system had been replaced for like 4K and they wanted to get some of their money back for the work. I laughed harder, not disrespectively, but out of amazement. I could see that the PTO had recently had some work, but...Good luck with that. It still had plenty of damage and looked ready for the junk yard.

What is so special about their clutch systems? Just curious. Mobark has a dealer in Chicago, so I haven't ruled them out as a possibility. However, the idea of a 4k clutch replacement turns me to the other machines.

Just hoping you Mobark guys might know something about this. I know they are competitive machines, but that seems ridiculous.

morbark

this is my second model 15. first had a cat. hated it. too small a battery, cables, wouldnt start in tn. cold. this one has a cummins, huge battery, so far so good.well, except for thurs. a keyway came out and rendered my clutch helpless. only 32hrs. on machine. i nicely requested they come out and fix it and they did temporarily, then i had to take it in.all warranty but a big inconvenience when work is booming. hate to say it but my two previous bandits have been my favs. but the service around here is non existent. maybe this morbark will prove me wrong but it hasnt started off well but great service. bought a new boxer mini yesterday so maybe less chipping and more wood for the owb

I have heard some disapointment with the 15,although not seen first hand.

Back