Morbark Eegar Beaver 12 inch Wood Chipper

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

26newtreeguy

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I was wounding if this machine would m be good deal. It 1986 with a recent Rebuid White "Hercules" Four Cylinder GAS motor and for a Clutch Make: Rockford Power Take-Offs Serial Number 798370. It has new paint on it to. This person is asking $5500.00. This would be my first chipper. I have used chipped before but for only few hour only. If anyones own one of this machine tell me what you think about. Our if have 12inch chipper around the same price contect me.

Last edited:
26 sounds ok, but! a 1986 is an old machine check for parts availability, also do a very thorough inspection, ck blades, blade bolts,& adjustment hardware. ck hyd. hoses if equiped with such, ck belts and drum, run machine for awhile 1/2 hr - 1hr make sure all gauges function!!! if this is a drum chipper id stay away not that theres anything wrong with em, just the market now is geared toward disc`s, if its a drum $5500 seems a bit high. DOUG,LXT

I had a '89 Eegar Beaver with a Ford 6 cyl. gas engine. It was a good machine, but I would try looking around for a newer model. The one you are looking at is underpowered for a 12 inch machine. If it had a diesel engine it would be OK. If at all possible, try to budget about $10000 for your chipper. You will have much better choices and you can easily exceed that amount buying an old machine for $5000 and fixing it up. Believe me, you will have many unforeseen repairs. Most chippers used regularly have pretty much used up their lifespan at 20 years.

Thanks lot for all you help. I think form what you are saying that I will try buying something from the 1990's instead of the 1980's. I be pay little more. Thank alot for all you help

I usually have a few early 90's Morbark 12" chipper with Cummins engines. We completely rebuild the machine also sandblasted and new paint. Ususally go around $9500. Don't havbe any now but will later this spring.

Back