Morbark Model 13

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B Snappy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am looking at a 1998 Morbark Model 13 with a JD 115 HP engine. I've been told that the model "may" have a problem with the chips clearing the chute. Any feedback would be appreciated. If it is a problem, any reasonable solutions? Thanks!

I once owned a 1998 Morbark 2400 with 200 hp cummins and at times the chute plugged. I know a guy that picked up a Morbark 2002 Model 13 last summer and he has not had any problems with it. He really likes it. I like Morbark out of the chippers that I ran.

I have a 1998 Model 13 the only time that it clogs is when the knives are dull. that is when i know that is is time to change the knives.
It is an indestructible little chipper. I wish i could find another one. it will clog also on dead elm the stuff is gust to light, When i do a dead elm job i always flip the knives.
Mine has the 85 jd moter on it ,i whish i had your motor, for the big cookies.

Lawmart

Clogged chutes

I can't agree with you more Lawmart. I use Morbarks everyday. The only times that they have clogged is when the knives are dull. Especially when the knives are dull and it is raining out. Bad combo!!!

wait. that exact chipper is the one you are having problems with? Wow. i just typed in morbakr 13 in google imiges and that was the first picture that came up. realy cool

Latest posts

Back