More Stihl confusion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John in MA

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
It looks like even the company's Down Under branch can't get the name right. I actually found a Stihl Australia leaf blower commercial on Morpheus (a file sharing service). A kid's riding a bike and gets blown off into the air by his dad with a BG75. Anyway, the announcer says at the end, "still power, not just for proffesionals..."

Australian for Stihl?

G'day John,

Yeah its pronounced 'still' here too, dont know why, just always has been, and no ones said anything. I think still is the 'English' way of saying it.
I remember about 5 years ago, Subaru started using foreign ads here on TV, and at that point we realised that saying 'Soo-bar-roo' wasnt correct! Apparently its said Soo-bar-roo. All depends where you emphasize. Oh well, you live and learn dont you?
People get my surname wrong too, most of the time its just easier to let it go, than spend your day correcting people!
Cheers
Charlie.

Last edited:
G'day WRW,

Definitely hard a's, but said as soft does give it an almost regal sound, I might give that a whirl!
Cheers
Charlie.

Latest posts

Back