Morristown NY '09 Race/GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troutfisher

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Saturday, July 4th in Morristown, NY. There will four classes of chainsaw racing, 0-60cc work saws, 0-100cc work saws, 5 cube pipe, and open Hotsaw. There will also be axe throw and underhand chop. Here's the one of the flyers we're putting up.........

Morristown Fireman’s Field Day
Saturday, July 4, 2009

Amateur Woodsman’s Contest:
Chainsaw Racing, Axe throw contest, & underhand chop

-Open to the public, sign up at the gate

- Entry fees will be $5 per event

- 100% of the entry fees will be paid out as prize money

Last edited:
I knew it would have made it on here sooner or later. Maybee a link to the rules for the people that are thinking about going?

sounds pretty sweet. . . i may be interested. I could possibly do the chop as well as the chainsaw. . . i was on the woodsman's team at the SUNY ESF Ranger School. keep us posted!! :clap:

Here's the rules we came up with for the chainsaw racing............

2009 Morristown Fireman's Field Day
Competition Rules & Regs

Chainsaw racing

General
Time starts at the "go" signal, and ends when
The last disc is severed.

All classes will make 3 complete cuts within 6 inches.

All competitors must wear safety chaps (hearing and eye protection is recommended)

At the start, the saw must be sitting on the ground, competitors hands on the block.

Work saw classes will be hot start (saw idling on the ground) modified and hotsaw classes will be dead start.

Work Saws (two classes, 0-60cc, and 0-100cc)

All safetey equipment must be in place and working (chain brakes, throttle locks, ect)

Choke plates must be in place, and work as the manufacturer designed.

saw must idle with the chain stopped

Gasoline only

No two piece heads

No tuned pipes

5 Cube Modified Chainsaw

Must be a serial numbered production chainsaw, less than 5 cubic inch (82cc)

single cylinder, pull start

Open Hotsaw

single cylinder, pull start

All descisions by the judges are final. Judges may rule out certain practices that attempt to defeat the spirit of these rules, though it may comply with the letter of them.

Last edited:
Chopwood, It's on a Saturday. Saturday July 4th 09......that falls on a saturday this year:). I hope you can make it, it would sure add to the show..........I just don't want to be in the same heat against that 3120 you got:jawdrop:

I was talking to troutfisher earlier and if theres enough people then maybee we could do a "homeowner" class or a "antique class". I was thinking for homeowner smaller than like 45cc rear handle saws and for antique something like first year model run 1970 or older. If anyone is interested in either of these let us know.

Hi hear that the 3120 is now in the hands of BloodOnTheIce.

I sold Cale my stock one with a pipe. It's faster than anything 99% of the guys here have, but the slowest one I had. BTW, I still have three left:). Maybe I'll bring the YZ125 I just finished up.

Latest posts

Back