Most sought after saw.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a mostly poulan collector I have some of white Buffalo saws, pro 475, 5200, bp655, 71 sandcast, KD100, 5500. The two that still escape me is the 8500, and S6000.
My grandpa started my saw collecting and poulan brand as he gave me an old 4200 and farm pro 375, he said if I could make em run again I could have em. They were too heavy for him. He had to change to 029 for the lighter weight. He just turned 80 and still cuts and burns his own firewood.

For me it's mostly mechanical I've been that way since I was real young. I like to see how things work, like cars and guns, but saws are mostly way cheaper lol. I burn firewood also but a guy doesn't need 70+ saws for that!

Most my friends think I'm crazy, I always tell em better than sitting on a barstool pissing my money away.

For my collection the most desirable has always been the one that I still need for my collection. I find it, then figure out there is another one that I still need so it becomes the new most desirable. Fortunately for me, there is one that has been at the top of my list for over a year. That is a Contra G, I pretty much have every other saw that I want. I'll continue to buy saws to add to the collection as I stumble across them, but my "want" list is really down to one saw.

Id love to tackle 6ft fir ounce in my life with a 090

My wife asked why once, so I asked her why she has so many shoes. Bringing a machine back to life that's been idle for decades, tossed in corner and forgotten. Or in this case the rafters of a machine shed.

Most desirable . . . no idea . . . I just gravitate towards odd-ball cast aluminum/magnesium saws.

IMG_0424.JPG

IMG_0237.JPG

NOS 257/262/268/272/281/288
Would be excellent 288 in particular

For the hardcore collectors that Solo Twin comes to mind. For me, I like the Pro saws from the seventies and early eighties. These are the saws I broke in cutting timber with. They remind me of that time and the other fallers that I worked with. I have most of them now and am starting to work on the ones my Dad cut timber with. He was a McCulloch man.

For me it was always the Remington PL-6, since that was the only saw I needed to complete the entire PL-series. Now, it's the Remington Super 880G for me.

I guess if I had scads of money my list would be fairly long, but things being what they are, my most sought after saw is the Husqvarna 262XP. I have been cutting firewood for 40 years now, and for me there is no better firewood saw than the 262. And since there were a few changes over their production run, it is fun seeing what rarities you can find scouring the net.

A close second on my list would be almost any blue Dolmar - I've got a real soft spot for them.

Any like new professional 60+cc model where the ad states, "Worked fine when we used it last year but won't start. Asking $25."

I think i just fell in love with that titan sportsman thing.

Back