Motorproblems on Stihl MS 250 C

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aaah okay.
Damn I love Norway, Wish I could just move there.
I do understand why you want a working saw up there :chainsaw:;)

Were in Denmark do yu live ?
I use my saw just in my garden and for cutting fire wood.

Were in Denmark do yu live ?
I use my saw just in my garden and for cutting fire wood.

You have enough trees up there for sure!
Myself... Boring flat countryside of Fyn, middle Island between Sjælland and Jylland.
Norway is just so much more interesting!

Oh and. If you have access to Amazon.de, i have had good succes with buying carbs and Kits from there, the Company called CTS carb. Its china based but solid products and reasonable delivery time.

You have enough trees up there for sure!
Myself... Boring flat countryside of Fyn, middle Island between Sjælland and Jylland.
Norway is just so much more interesting!

Yes I have been to Fyn
Store Bælt on one side and Lille Bælt on the other ?
I used to work for a company delivering audio mixers to TV and Radio stations and we delivered to several local DR stations. Among the, DR Odense. So I went there :)
But also travelling Denmark on vacations. Great country. Easy living and always smiling.

Oh and. If you have access to Amazon.de, i have had good succes with buying carbs and Kits from there, the Company called CTS carb. Its china based but solid products and reasonable delivery time.

Yes I have access to amazon.de
But already ordered the carb on ebay and its being shipped. Also china produced as I saw the original carb in the saw was. Even though its marked Stihl

Yeah. Thats exactly right. Im like 25min from Odense. And yes, Denmark has some Nice benefits for sure.

Yeah the good Thing about Amazon. De is that its a euro Company, which means we dont get taxed or customs etc. Even if its shipped and made in China.

Try a different (working) carb if you have the chance to borrow one to find out if the problem is in the saw or in the carb.
The Stihl saws in this series (MS2x0) are equipped with a carb featuring an accelerator pump (piston). Wear will cause this pump to fail in the long run causing increasing hesitation on acceleration...

I have taken the carb off again and this time I am sure the impulse line is connected. I had to refit the old gasket cause I did not get hold on any new one in short time. Adjustment on carb is back to factory setting . H is turned counterclockwise until it stops. L is turned clockwise til it's seated and then backing it 3/4 to 1 turn.

The engine fires up but dies after about 2 sec idle. If I speed up it also dies momentarly.

At this stage maybe I just should wait for the new carburettor to arrive.

Petter.

I have taken the carb off again and this time I am sure the impulse line is connected. I had to refit the old gasket cause I did not get hold on any new one in short time. Adjustment on carb is back to factory setting . H is turned counterclockwise until it stops. L is turned clockwise til it's seated and then backing it 3/4 to 1 turn.

The engine fires up but dies after about 2 sec idle. If I speed up it also dies momentarly.

At this stage maybe I just should wait for the new carburettor to arrive.

Petter.
H turned counterclockwise until it stops doesn't sound right to me. Don't have a manual for a 250C handy but the setting is usually something very much like the L setting you describe.

Unless the carb has a safety plastic Thingy mounted, the H needs to be turned 3/4-1 counterclock.

Yes, That was why I removed the carb for the second time, I inspected the hose and used compressed air on both the hose and the orange plastic nipple. When I assemblied again I checked that the impulse line was connected and I checked that the gasket not blocked the opening to the carburettor. Maybe I need to do it all over a third time . I have ordered a new carburettor kit and its on its way. In Britain at this date.

Yeah, even our carb kits are not worth buying OEM, it's completely insane to even consider.
You either find a used part, or ebay/amazon.

regarding that saw....

it sounds like it wants to go, but not getting fuel for it.
What happens if you hold the throttle and try to start it, after choke pulls.

A good guess is a faulty carb for sure.
I would like to see it from the inside, needle, height, membrane, gaskets etc.

The more pics the more we can try to help really...

Latest posts

Back