Move over 359...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hee, hee,

this Redman is tearing though the chainsaw world. seems it the best kept secret for the last 20 YEARS!

:jawdrop:

looks like Zenoah has been building something Stihl is unable to come close too. ask me if im surprised?

:)

maybe now peeps can see why Husky bought Redmax. between stratocharging and Zenoah quality/power, if you cant beat them, buy them out. its the American way.

:cheers:

Last edited:
maybe now peeps can see why Husky bought Redmax. between stratocharging and Zenoah quality/power, if you cant beat them, buy them out. its the American way.

It's called credits, the only reason the 372 is Stihl kicking. If you wanted your "best saw" to keep selling, buy a company that makes clean burning saws, since husky can't they bought Redmax.

As far as knocking Stihl from #1, Zenoah/husky will have to try much harder than that. The name is no where near that of Stihl, Dolmar, or husky. Is it a better built saw than these? Maybe the husky......

lololol They bought Redmax for their EPA credits! It let them sell more of the Husky 2 smokers though 2010... Stihl already had a bank full of credits from the 4-mix sales.

oh, they gots plenty of credits. what was far more important was Zenoah patents.

...There is a new kid on the block. HAHAHA. Been messin' with a 621 Redmax as of late. After seeing it whoop a MS361 (both saws stock), I figured I would have a go at one. It is likely the lowest priced 62cc saw on the market, has quality Japanese construction, and a really nice air filter. It also uses thin 1.2mm rings.

This saw has great potential and responds very well to mods - very similar to the 359 Husky. BUT, I have ported both and will say the 621 is by far the better choice as it has more 'hidden power' that is easier to coax, and FAR SUPERIOR construction - especially the P&C. I could bore you all with the details of the build and pictures of my port work, but I'll spare you. With a muffler mod and strong woods port, this saw gained 46%.

If a guy does his shopping right, he can pick up a 621, have it ported, pay just slightly more than a new MS361, and come out with a saw that will cut twice as fast. Sounds like a winner to me :chainsaw:
I like this Post thanks for sharing! I think you are on to something about how well finished the Japanese motors are and that goes for Echo too. I Base this off of what the guy said that ported my 2159 he is not a chainsaw guy but is a real 2 stoke bike motor head lol. But he had done his own Echo and that thing Zipped wood for a 45 cc saw.Now what he said was I didn't think a Swedish saw would be so rough on the inside! Now he is not much of a woodcutter so he almost cut his leg off with my saw and blamed me for too sharp of a chain,:) just took a few threads of his jeans but no blood:cheers:
Jap Junk is a thing of the past it is now China Junk.

Here are some more pics of the 621 Redmax for you guys that are interested. It has some nice features - especially the air filter - nice and BIG, and it gets the job done with ease. The gains I experienced with this saw are simply amazing.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

We have a redmax dealer around me, I am really gonna check the saws out closely next time I am in. I would love to get one of these saws for cheap and then have it ported. I don't think I would like to take on the challenge of porting on this saw. I have a crappy 029 that I am gonna mess with soon. This dealership is the old throwback type. He keeps all of his parts saws and trimmers, half of the shop. He also sells shinny, sounds like your kind of shop 4paws.:givebeer:

We ran 621's for a few seasons and they are great saws. We run the 5000's now. Got a woods port 5000 that turns crazy rpm's and cuts all day.

Four Paws,

Did you leave the governed coil in or swap it out? The 621's we get are limited to 12,500.

We ran 621's for a few seasons and they are great saws. We run the 5000's now. Got a woods port 5000 that turns crazy rpm's and cuts all day.

Four Paws,

Did you leave the governed coil in or swap it out? The 621's we get are limited to 12,500.

This is an older saw and it has an unlimited coil. Based on how the 621 turned out, I bet the 5000 Redmax would smear a 346 Husky as a racesaw. Might even give it a run for its money stock.

This is an older saw and it has an unlimited coil. Based on how the 621 turned out, I bet the 5000 Redmax would smear a 346 Husky as a racesaw. Might even give it a run for its money stock.

When my camera comes back, I will video it. Here are some times from this summer. 365 EHP race port--5.03 sec, 5000 woods port--6.53. 3 cuts 8x8

I bet the 5000 Redmax would smear a 346 Husky as a racesaw. Might even give it a run for its money stock.

hee,hee,

the Redman could take the Husky's milk money ifin' it wanted, stock or as a race saw.

:greenchainsaw:

The proof is in the pudding.

Stock she was a dog (I thought) - so if it beats a stock 361, you 361 fans oughta hang your heads.

Modded, the 621 is a HEAVY HITTER. Remember, the saw is down 15% due to altitude. Check it out.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JE0Szkx_BR0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JE0Szkx_BR0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Fixed the link - Photobucket was giving me fits...switched to youtube.

Pretty good stuff...I was handling one at the dealer a few weeks back, nice saw.

As for beating a 361, I don't doubt it one bit. When I ran a 361 for the first time, it left me wondering what all the commotion was about. Nothing stood out besides it being smooth and light. Wasn't terribly fast or torquey. A good saw overall, but not the end all be all like this site acts like it is. I quickly went back to the ms360 at work. I would say the 036 would be beat a 361 in a race, so would a 261 and 262 husky. Haven't tried a redmax personally, but wouldn't be surprised if it beat a 361 in stock form too.

If it beats my 361... can I keep it and send the 361 to ya :spam:

Sad news is, I haven't touched my 361 in a LOOONG time. Get too used to running my 394xp... its hard enough to pick up my 372 and cut a bit with it.

It was tuned around 14,250 in the second video - just by ear, around 12K in the wood. It runs real strong.

hey Four Paws, is that one of dem' dar' rice, um i mean r@ce saws?

:greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back