Ms- 200 Stihl to 200T conversion questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toadman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I stumbled across an old stock, rear handle version of the ms 200 stihl... the same powerhead as the vaunted 200T I believe.
I am wondering, is it possible to swap the rear handle, for a top handle assembly?

would it be worth my time?

This is a good saw, its a demo unit from a dealer owner who's retiring & selling his stihl dealership to another place. He's first selling his unsold backstock from years of not so hot sales and I got this for a bargain.... some stuff will be on the "you suck" soon;)

I am in the market for a top handle, and having owned a couple 200t's they are high on my list.

Yes you can swap it.

good to know, I figured it was possible.
Are there any steps/pieces to make sure I have/know? I have a crusty 200t I could use for pieces... but this saw is nice enough to make me think about buying all new parts for the swap & I think I will go that route.

good to know, I figured it was possible.
Are there any steps/pieces to make sure I have/know? I have a crusty 200t I could use for pieces... but this saw is nice enough to make me think about buying all new parts for the swap & I think I will go that route.
Just need all the parts and if you have a old one you can see what you need.

I will keep you in mind! I got a number of calls for work today, so this got shoved back for the moment. It will be probably a week till I can revisit it:(

Figured I would follow up on this... it didn't go as I had planned. I ended up selling the saw back to the shop owners ex- wife after she contacted me about it.
there's a nice story to the saw as it turns out.
I may regret selling it, but she offered me a cash in hand price that I couldn't reasonably turn down for this saw & a good story.
I am a little sad.
it was the best stihl ms 200 derivative I have seen in person in a few years, but another goid saw will be along, I am sure in time.

Back