MS-251C

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brand-new / unused, includes a Stihl storage case and a six-pack of Stihl oil.

$300.00

Would you buy it even if you didn't really need it?
Well if I could get ol reliable ms-250, and know it would be as reliable as the one I have had for years now.... my answer is yes....

I am not familiar with the new ms251c...

No. Save up for a 241, twice the saw and it will last twice as long. My first saw was an 025 and I wore it out in a few years. I will not wear out the 241 unless I live to 200 years of age.

The c models are god awful. If it has easy start and quick adjust chain tension run away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would take a 251 over a 250 just for the spring AV. The 250s are good solid, dependable saws but man do they vibrate bad...

The 250 is the best power to weight ratio Stihl homeowner saw. I loved mine, but it did have a lot of vibration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a like new 251C at a flea market this summer at a great price or I wouldn't have bought it. It has the yellow bar and chain and although I don't use it much it does a decent job but it's no powerhouse. I saw them at a Stihl dealer the other day for $379 with ez start.

Why bother buying a "throw-away" grade saw? They just wear out too fast. My very first saw is a husqvarna 445, and while I love it to bits because it's my first saw, I do have regrets about it. it's only got probably 60 to 70 hours on it, but some of the plastic parts - like the pull cord assembly - are starting to snap. Also the carb sucks to adjust. I remember my dad had a 50cc home owner Stihl. man was that hard to work on!

Why bother buying a "throw-away" grade saw? They just wear out too fast. My very first saw is a husqvarna 445, and while I love it to bits because it's my first saw, I do have regrets about it. it's only got probably 60 to 70 hours on it, but some of the plastic parts - like the pull cord assembly - are starting to snap. Also the carb sucks to adjust. I remember my dad had a 50cc home owner Stihl. man was that hard to work on!

The 545 is a way better saw.

Back