Stihl Ms661 no throttle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jre257

Reaction score
Hello I just bought a brand new Stihl MS 661 tried to start for first time tank had no gas or oil in bar tank and had a tough time starting.After I finally started it idles high like choke is on and when I squeeze throttle the throttle trigger acts like it is disengaged does not work.Anyone seen this before?

Thanks

Hello I just bought a brand new Stihl MS 661 tried to start for first time tank had no gas or oil in bar tank and had a tough time starting.After I finally started it idles high like choke is on and when I squeeze throttle the throttle trigger acts like it is disengaged does not work.Anyone seen this before?

Thanks
Brand new? Return it

Welll I solved the problem with saw.I did not completely realize that the saw had electronic carb control.So when I was attempting to start, and it did not right away,I took spark plug out,poured a little fuel in cylinder ,like you would an old school saw,and saw started then died.I started the saw again,it idled but no throttle.I went to Stihl site,realized completely the electronic fuel control,so I followed he Stihl instructions to rest the module which I did,saw ran great.Let it idle for 10 minutes,ran throttle 3/4 on first tank of gas,then just ran saw easy on tank 2.Did not just get on it and go.Saw runs perfect starts 3rd pul,so I caused the problem.

Back