MS 260 handlbar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trever

GB mill 076 Super Stihl
Reaction score
Are the handle bars for the MS 260 and 026 interchangeable? I have a MS 260 Pro with a cracked (stupid plastic) handle. Thank you and have a blessed day.

Trever

yes...

They plastic version is very good... must have taken a heck of a wack to crack it. A metal handle would be bent bad..

The screws may work but I think they are a different length
for the metal handle......shorter

I replaced a broken metal handle with a plastic one and screws
where to short, if I remember right.

Good point..

Metal handle uses 4 P6x19
Platic handle uses 2 P6x32.5 and 2 P6x21.5

Don't use the plastic handle screws on the metal handle... and vice versa

The screws may work but I think they are a different length
for the metal handle......shorter

I replaced a broken metal handle with a plastic one and screws
where to short, if I remember right.

+1. The plastic handle to me is more comfortable. It has a slightly larger grip (good for us old time gorilla-handed ops) and it doesn't get as cold in the winter.

Handle bars

I saw this MS260 listed in the local trader for $50.00. Yes....$50. I called immediately and the owner had owned it 5 years since it was new. He caught part of it with a tractor. It broke the bottom of the handle bar, cracked part of the rear handle; not bad though, and the trigger was not allowing the saw to rev. I knew a friend needing a good saw, and told him to call the owner. He bought it 2 days later, and now I have it to fix. I fixed the throttle right away, and it works good except the lock out (top trigger). Also, it cracked the bottom part of the clutch cover, but it doesn't hurt anyhting the best I can tell. I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT THIS SAW!!!! DUMB I KNOW!!

Does anyone have a used handle bar that will work on this saw? THANK YOU AND HAVE A BLESSED DAY.

Trever

Back