MS 260 Plastic on a 026?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they're both "PRO" they should work. Even with a Pro cylinder and a non-Pro shroud, there's ways to make it fit.

Edit: Just re-read your post. The 260 shrouds are all the same, the non-Pro's have a plug where the decomp goes. Some of the 026 shrouds weren't Pros.

Like I mentioned, I bought the saw used with the MS 260 tank. I'm fixing the saw up to keep and want to put new plastic on it. I figured I might as well put the new style plastic on it while I'm buying.

I believe each piece is about $35. It amazes me how beat up most saws seem to be. I bought my 039 new probably 13 years ago. It saw a fair amount of use yet it looked almost new. The plastic wasn't faded out and all beat up because I always kept it in a case.

The MS260 has the "curved styling"; The 026P has the "flat" styling.. I'm pretty sure they interchange... in pairs... particularly as you already have the tank.

Last edited:
fishhuntcutwood said:
Everyone thinks my saws are all brand new as well. I just take care of them. Wipe them down after every use, store them in my living room...you know... normal stuff.
Haha:clap: I don't go that far, but I do keep it in good shape. I credit most of it to keeping them in a case.

Back