MS 290 update

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it may have caused any bad feelings

No bad feelings here. I have bigger fish to fry than arguing about chainsaws. Those cats over in the aftermarket cylinder thread sure are getting spooled up though.... I didn't read back, did you already muff mod your 290?

No bad feelings here. I have bigger fish to fry than arguing about chainsaws. Those cats over in the aftermarket cylinder thread sure are getting spooled up though.... I didn't read back, did you already muff mod your 290?

Not yet, although it has crossed my mind. Figured it would void the warranty and haven't sprung for another muffler to open up. Mostly been busy using the dogged thing and that says something for the saw. It runs, it cuts, and gets the job done, no matter how much I ##### about it. I'd probably ##### if they hung me with a new rope.

Beats me on the flippy caps! Best part on the whole saw as far as I'm concerned. I guess one of my largest concerns with the ms 290 is that it doesn't have a good balance, for lack of something better to call it. Cuts awright, buttt!!!

I dont know what you are comparing it to. If you do the muffler mod you will feel better about it. you dont even have to do much. drill a couple holes and grind the deflecter a little and tune. it wont make it much louder but it will scream through the wood. I would say buy a bigger saw, but i would still say mod that one too. make sure the air filter is kept clean, they loose a lot of power when they get dusty. I think all you chain concerns will go away after the mod. I am not a chainsaw pro, but i have owned this 290 for 3 years and really like it. you dont have to worry about doing the mod perfect, just take take the cover off and open her up...

Latest posts

Back