MS 361 Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mountain_man

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Ok I have a 361 now and just got it cleaned up. I've checked it over and found I need the plastics for cylinder cover, Starter recoil and side cover for it as well, and the kill switch fixed. I'm more worried about the switch then anything.

Ok basically the switch will select the different chokes and run and off but when the ground loop is completed when flipping it to the "off" position it doesn't kill it. I haven't pulled it apart but how does this work? I assume this will be an easy fix but maybe someone can tell me where to start looking? Appreciate any help.

MM, Check your PM's

It sounds like a possible short in the wiring??

Is the contact spring making contact with the wire end that is stuck into the master switch??

MM, Check your PM's

It sounds like a possible short in the wiring??

Is the contact spring making contact with the wire end that is stuck into the master switch??

Yeah the black plastic thing with wire attached is making contact. I've double checked that part. I am sure I'll just need to take it apart and reattach it. Gonna replace handle/tank anyway.

Back