MS 361 Muffler Mods???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bent open the seam with a small pair of duck bill nippers, then crimped it back over after with an auto body hammer and vice grips. To get it apart, just need to do the 3 sides away from the original outlet then pry the two halves open.

Grinding the spot welds on the inside to get the basket out is a bit of a PITA.

I just bent open the seam with a small pair of duck bill nippers, then crimped it back over after with an auto body hammer and vice grips. To get it apart, just need to do the 3 sides away from the original outlet then pry the two halves open.

Grinding the spot welds on the inside to get the basket out is a bit of a PITA.

Thank you. I am looking forward to your 361 porting pictures and results in the 60cc thread.

Not wanting to hijack this thread too much but does the ms361 and the ms381 run the same muffler?

I have just bought a brandnew ms381 and wondering if my saw would benefit the same mod?

Bear in mind it is still awaiting it's first 8 hour tune aswell.

Thank you. I am looking forward to your 361 porting pictures and results in the 60cc thread.

I just need to finnish up the piston work on the 361 and will post the results. Had a set back with the 962 and am waiting for a new piston.

Like posted the 381 likely has little in common with the 361, not seen one around here though. In general most recent non strato saws will gain from a muffler mod given the carb is adjusted accordingly. Strato saws don't typically improve much with opening the muffler up, but that can depend on what is done to the engine.

Latest posts

Back