MS 362 Muffler Mod?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you retuned did you remove the limiters or use a special tool to adjust H and leave the limiters in place? Some say it is difficult to tune a strato by listening for 4-stroking.

Hey Rattler362 wondering what tools or how you opened up that stock port under the deflector? Did you do it from the inside/outside or both?

Thanks

I used a Dremel and a carbide burr and yes i did open it up from both sides if you need to use a spark screen just dont grind the slot out.Oh and be sure to wear glove's when you do the mod the muffler.

When you retuned did you remove the limiters or use a special tool to adjust H and leave the limiters in place? Some say it is difficult to tune a strato by listening for 4-stroking.

Yes you have to remove the limiter cap just use a corse drywall screw to remove the cap retune and replace the cap.Yes for me they are a bit harder to hear 4 stroking but just listen you will hear it.

Well if theres no baffle in it then you should not have any problems.

All I know is that when I had mine off, I could turn it and see out the other side.

There is a deflector in there but there is not a separate baffle chamber.

The outlet port probably is somewhat restrictive. Once I added the second outlet, I seem to have gotten more torque out of it and it cuts faster.

Last edited:
Here is what the inside of an MS 362 looks like (thank you Stumpbroke)

No baffle

100_1180.jpg

Latest posts

Back