MS 362cm (late 2018 manufacture) and double felling dogs with roll chain catcher... fit issues?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShneaSIG

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I ordered the double felling dogs and chain catcher kit through my dealer which is supposed to be for my MS 362c - parts kit # 1135-650-7750. For the install, everything appeared to be going fine, until it came time to pop the cover back on and put the whole works back together. Then, it became obvious that the roller catcher was too wide, and if I had tightened the bar nuts all the way, the dogs would be flexed out at the bottom and the cover wouldn't be seating properly.

I wound up disassembling, and with some trial and error, achieved a proper fit after removing about 1/8" (maybe a hair more) from an end of the roller catcher.

Did I get the wrong parts? Or is this something other people have run into?

Hi guys,

I ordered the double felling dogs and chain catcher kit through my dealer which is supposed to be for my MS 362c - parts kit # 1135-650-7750. For the install, everything appeared to be going fine, until it came time to pop the cover back on and put the whole works back together. Then, it became obvious that the roller catcher was too wide, and if I had tightened the bar nuts all the way, the dogs would be flexed out at the bottom and the cover wouldn't be seating properly.

I wound up disassembling, and with some trial and error, achieved a proper fit after removing about 1/8" (maybe a hair more) from an end of the roller catcher.

do you have the captive bar nuts on your saw? there is a new style spike. 0000-660-0800. it does not have the roller catcher.
https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/ms362-c-m-upgrade-dual-spikes.269349/

That's the same one I put on 036's. I didn't have any problem with fit. Your clutch cover may be a bit thicker than mine. Are yours OEM orAM? I bought for my 462 and there is no roller catcher. Check with your dealer on that # I gave you above for the new style.

That's the same one I put on 036's. I didn't have any problem with fit. Your clutch cover may be a bit thicker than mine. Are yours OEM orAM? I bought for my 462 and there is no roller catcher. Check with your dealer on that # I gave you above for the new style.

My saw is 100% stock, and the new dogs and chain-catcher kit is Stihl.

I did a trim with a hacksaw and some filing, and achieved a good fit on the chain catcher. Just wondering if my experience is unique.

Hi guys,

No fault of yours, the version 2 doesn't have the same space between the dawgs..but what you did obviously works.

Try these :

20171107_163316.jpg

No fault of yours, the version 2 doesn't have the same space between the dawgs..but what you did obviously works.

Try these :

View attachment 741201

Ahh, looks like a whole different setup. Perhaps smaller than the set I just installed.

I'll give this set a whirl. I can always revert back to the set without the roll catcher if all else fails.

Ahh, looks like a whole different setup. Perhaps smaller than the set I just installed.

I'll give this set a whirl. I can always revert back to the set without the roll catcher if all else fails.

They are about the same in size and pretty much leave you with the same useable bar length as the older style dawgs...these new ones are cheap...i think they were around 15 bucks for the set.

Back