Longer roller chain catcher for MS-261

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crank1

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey folks I'm new around here but recently installed dual dogs for a MS-361 on my 261. Everything went good except for the provided screws being too short for the dogs. Then I went to install my stihl chain catcher and it's about 1/4" too narrow. The width is 1 1/4" and between the dogs I need 1 1/2". I believe the part I installed was 1122-650-7700, and I believe I've seen there is also 1135-650-7700 which is 1 3/8" wide? And possibly an even wider one for the 880? Does anyone have any knowledge of the part numbers and width of this one? Or can point me in the right direction? Thank you very much!

Ok it looks like the other part number is 1124-650-7700, this is supposedly the wider one for the 880, does anyone have an accurate width for this one?

Does anyone have any info on this? I'd like to add the same to my 261 but want a roller with the correct width. I read a thread by Snelling and he bent the dog slightly to make it fit - I'd prefer not to do this if there is another option.

Thanks,

Waylan

I did take some pictures of the install on my 261 of this! I had to purchase some zinc plates M5x16mm screws, which were longer than the 12mm ones provided with the dog kit, and the 1124-650-7700 was the correct part number for the wider catcher. It fit great and the thread engagement was great because I didn't use any washers. I also didn't bend anything

On a separate note, I just purchased a MS362, and promptly ordered a 261 sprocket cover(because of the caged bar nuts) and a 1124-650-7700 and the same dog kit and it appears that it the chain catcher may be too wide for this application. I'll take some pictures and update this as I continue the install!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    740.5 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    571.5 KB · Views: 95
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 96
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg