Ms 390

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you remove this piece of the muffler shield (outlined in white) it will help alot.

It will also melt the plastic where the felling dawg mounts.

I'm with Thall, I just open up that slot. Then open the outlet on the cover plate. The noise stays pretty low, but the performance is noticeably improved.

That is definitely possible I guess, but it hasn't happened on the one that I modified that way and it has seen quite a bit of use.

I know that most of you don't like the ms 390s, I traded one of my old shotguns for this saw, I like it but I would like to do a muffler mod to try and squeeze some power out of it, any comments and pictures would be appreciated, thanks!

I have a 361 and a 390 with a muff mod I love my 390 the 361 is a awsome saw but its not all its cracked up t0 be. The 390 is one of my favorite saws get a muffler mod and it will make a pretty big difference

i never liked my 390 before but now it will cut wood. on my muffler mod i drilled 3 holes in the front cover plate and enlarged the back 1's retuned the carb put a 20'' bar and chain ground the chain to 25 degrees the comparison to me anyways wasnt even close.

Back