MS 460 First build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

450doug

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have a MS 460 that has a scored piston, may be able to save the cylinder but if not I'm thinking of installing a big bore kit. Is there much of a power increase going to a larger barrel and piston? What minor modifications would you guys consider, keeping in mind I would like to build the saw to last? What aftermarket kits and parts should I consider (cast, forged, cylinder and piston coatings,etc) lots of options. Where would you buy parts, Baileys seems to have it all?

Sorry for all the questions, this is my first build so just trying to get a plan.

Any suggestions would appreciated.

I'll keep you posted on my progress

Thanks for you help.

The big bore 460 out of the box is not a power increase. It will need some porting to really wake it up. Baileys is #1 for customer service, give them a call and see if they fixed the piston skirt length issue. They made the skirt too short and it free ports. I have two of the BB460 kits, one runs really well, the other I have not run yet. I do have many hours of work into them though.

Last edited:
Back