ms 660 bars?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the swede

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the longest bas is that fit`s the 660? stihls longest for the 660 is 36"! i got a 36" now,and use it with a westford 36" mill,but i´m planning to get a logosol bigmill pro lst,so i can mill more than 30" boards! with the logosol i can use up to 59"bar!but i will mostly use max around 40" or47", or do i have to get the 880? i was thinking that maybe gb,oregon or someone else have longer bars than 36" for it!! :help: well,the 880 would be nice:)) but a new one will cost me 1200 at my dealer,and he always give me good prices! normaly they cost 1500!! hmmm but i have a "feeling" that a 880 is comming sooner or later:))

greetings from sweden!!

Lakeside53 said:
you need the 880... my 066 runs out of puff milling in 22 inch....

Andy, sometimes I think you think I won't catch you agreeing with me. An 066/660 is great until you get much over 20", then you've gotta break out the "he man" saw if you want to make some time. Andy is right on this one, even though he tried to disagree once...but I won't let him forget it for a while.

The 660 can pull a 36" or larger bar in a rip situation...if you have the patience. I lack time and patience, so I bought a big saw. Andy did too.

Mark

It seems to me that if you are milling a lot of wood, interested in doing wood that large, and thinking about laying out a bunch of cash on a bigger saw, you might want to get into a machine that is designed to mill wood, with a big 4 stroke and a band saw blade.

Back