• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Ms 660 cylinder needed please

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommo87

Reaction score
Hi all,
I recently bought a ms660 from a guy through the post and it turned out to have low compression. Opened it up and piston was completely ruined so bought a meteor one to replace but cylinder also was not smooth.
I used info from a thread from the forum regarding hcl acid to remove ally transfer from the cylinder. Unfortunately it turns out either I over did it or there was already some small holes in the cylinder bore. As such I am in need of a cylinder. Used or new but not some Chinese rubbish please. I've included a photo of the damage as I am no mechanic I think it is knackered but if anyone thinks it an be salvaged some way please let me know. Many thanks tom

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 30
If you haven't found one yet . I would go with the whole meteor kit. Nwp has also put in alot of effort into there 066/660 kits. If you go with the nwp get either caber rings or oem rings. The meteor should already come with the caber rings. Good luck with your new saw.

Back