• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy ms170 or similar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

o8f150

Tree Freak
Reaction score
went to visit inlaws this weekend,,,, he is wanting a small saw for limb trimming and asked me to find him one,,he is way up in the age,, looking for a ms170 that runs but maybe needs handles,,, i have several extra parts,,,, or a cs310,,cs352 or maybe a cs370,,,,, or something along those lines,,,,,, he is VERY limited on money so i will be getting it for him,,, i am not rich either,,,,,, pawn shops around here are wanting new prices for a saw and i will not pay new price for a used saw,,,,,,, worst comes to worst i will give him my ms170 and just use my 330t,,, let me know what you guys got and see if i can afford it or not,, thanks

Baileys.... tanaka ecs3351 $179.00+ $9 shipping.great little saw so far.;)
way more then i am able to spend,,,, looking for something int he 50.00 range that will need a bit of work,,, my finds are kinda limited right now,,, but thanks for the info

I have an Efco, I think the model # is MT 3700. Bought it off ebay couple years ago, the handle bar-rear handle assy has a break on the bottom & was jerry rigged to hold together on bottom, but it didn't work well. If you let the weight of the saw do the work it cuts fine, but if you pull on the handle it gives and the throttle rod relaxes back toward idle. I have used it quite a bit like this but not relying on it as more then a secondary beater saw for small stuff here and there. I had been waiting for a used handle to show up to no avail but I think it could be fixed to hold together if some time was put in it. Also needs an AV spring. Does run, start and idle well. $50 + shipping I'd let it go with a good bar and chain.

Latest posts

Back