Ms192 carburetor pump piston fix

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marinegrunt

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I thought I'd post about fixing the pump piston on the 192 just like many others have done on the 200t. I figured I'd try it before dropping $65 on a carb. I followed the carbitooter threads posted by zombiechopper and jtjeep. The carb is a little different on the 192. The 192 does not have a welch plug behind the pump piston so you cannot use the fix where you jb weld the welch plug cavity like explained in some threads for the 200t. You have to use the method of plugging the pump piston bore itself. I removed the spring, took a grinder to make the piston about half the size, a dab of jb on the bottom of the bore, a dab on the bottom of the piston, and slid it in the bore. I also reinstalled the brass cap.

The pump piston on my saw might not have been my mine issue because it also had low compression. I can say without a doubt that the saw runs just as it did the day I bought it new. That's after new piston and rings and plugging the pump piston. The throttle response might be just a tiny bit slower but nothing that noticeable. I did do a muffler mod and advance the timing so can't completely compare it to before. Either way tho the carb fix does work.

Thanks to the other guys for posting the fix for the 200 I was able to do the same to my 192.

I personally don't know but since so many seem to have problems with the pump piston the pro's don't seem to outweigh the con's. I wouldn't think a split second throutlet response would be worth having to mess with the carb. I'm just a firewood cutter trim and cut trees for family. Might be worth throwing a new carb on every year or two for that split second throttle response if you cut for a living.

Back