ms200 crack in crankcase

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blairito

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a used ms200 rear handle saw, whenever I buy a saw I strip it down and check everything after a good cleaning.
i noticed a crack in the case right where the bolt goes just to the left of the chain tensioner opposite of the bar stud.
at this point I'm wondering if i should buy the hustle crankcase, or try to repair it

pro saw, magnesium, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't need a puller to split the cases, considering the bearing design.

I'm thinking the aftermarket case replacement route, does anyone think this may be the wrong direction, aside from possible casting flaws of the aftermarket case, are the bearings and seals included up to par?
can someone send me the service manual for this saw, I'm sure i could get it back together fine, upon disassembly i didn't really pay much attention, i like the challenge , just don't like putting everything together and realizing i didn't route the coil wire or something through the crankcase.

Latest posts

Back