MS200T clutch side crank seal question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you look closely at one side of it you should see a little pinhole.
To be honest, I've never had a 200T with an S128 b carb, always S61, S126, and S32 and I've had and have MANY 200T's. I'm not saying it's the wrong carb, but I've never had one. Could be a US thing or something.
Sorry Juttree,

I was wrong about the model number of the carb - you're right - I double checked and my carb is S126B (it also says STIHL ZAMA) - Apologies!

On my carb I can't see any hole visible to naked eye where the impulse signal from the intake boot lines up. The only way I imagine that it's possible to work (and it does with but like slight odd problem) is if what I point to in my pictures is actually a really fine screen. It certainly is not a brass insert with a small drilling like on the pic that big t sent up. Strange, but true...

Well I got the new carb - just 24 quid. I've had it on the little saw for a few days - and the cold start experience is completely different. It starts on 2-3 pulls with no fuel starving or nothing. :)

Thanks to everyone for all the advice I've received!

I've not tried to tune it yet - just used the 1 turn out on H and 1 out on L and it seems fine so far.

Anyway I'm starting on a new project soon... I've just handed over 120 quid for stihl 064... more playing ahead!

Well I got the new carb - just 24 quid. I've had it on the little saw for a few days - and the cold start experience is completely different. It starts on 2-3 pulls with no fuel starving or nothing. :)

Thanks to everyone for all the advice I've received!

I've not tried to tune it yet - just used the 1 turn out on H and 1 out on L and it seems fine so far.

Anyway I'm starting on a new project soon... I've just handed over 120 quid for stihl 064... more playing ahead!
Dont try to tune it if it is running OK!

Dont try to tune it if it is running OK!
No don't worry it's all good now! I'll put the 200t to work on pruning and small logs soon. Anyway I learnt a lot on it's rebuild.

I'm going to start work on my 064 soon - now that is a big ol' boy!

Latest posts

Back