MS201T Curiosity

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, they dropped it out of a tree or ran over it. Whatever. My partner in crime put a new handle on it. And, it does not want to run correctly. New solenoid, new carb, same thing.

Here is the weird part. You can set in on the mat on the floor in the triangle position and it will sound normal , but when you pick it up it revs up and cuts off. Even if you do it with just your thumb and index finger, never touching the trigger.

One would think if it is some incorrect mounting of the linkage that it would just rev up like you were pulling the trigger. Curious.

It is all back apart now and he is going to put a new ignition on it.

If we are not good at anything else we can throw money at something LOL.

I pressure tested the impulse and the intake looks perfect.

I did not take the cover off the linkage , not sure you could even get it on with the linkage wrong. But, who knows.

The wiring harness losing signal to the solenoid is certainly plausible.
Not sure whether he replaced the complete handle with harness or just the shell.

I pressure tested the impulse and the intake looks perfect.

I did not take the cover off the linkage , not sure you could even get it on with the linkage wrong. But, who knows.

The wiring harness losing signal to the solenoid is certainly plausible.
Not sure whether he replaced the complete handle with harness or just the shell.
Well, look close at the wires for breaks or pulls. Were used, or new linkage put back in when the handle was replaced?

Latest posts

Back