ms241/261 power

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
..... The 261 blocks better though.

No comparisons I have seen have indicated that - but a lot of variables are involved, so it may well happen now and then.

The disadvantages of the MS261 always are there, but they are of course not as important when blocking as when limbing etc, out in the woods.

Each to their own though - and for using the bars off the 461 on a 50cc or smaller saw, there really aren't any option to the 261.

I dont have a scale its handling is also because of the smaller chain and bar it just gives a finer control it is lighter too.

You can run Picco/Lo-pro on the 346 as well if you want to (standard spline drum and oil gear from the 357/359, and a standard spline lo-pro rim from GB.

The 550 is less than 13oz heavier, both fueled and ready to go. That's with a longer bar too. Put a 14" bar on the 550 and there would be even less difference in weight and handling.

I'm just playing devil's advocate, pulling out why you might prefer the 241. As nice as the 241 is, the 550 is significantly more powerful and very little heavier.

Back